Wednesday 15 April 2020

SECTION 2: SOFTWARE 2.13 Problems with software CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR COMPUTER AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY


CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY
FOR COMPUTER AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SECTION 2: SOFTWARE
2.13 Problems with software

Choose the correct preposition. Then match the problem with the solution.

1
The operating system in / on my computer doesn't support the latest version of / from this application.

a
You can download one for free to / from the internet.
2
These files are too big.

b
Perhaps you could get an older version – or buy a new computer!
3
My computer says it hasn't got enough memory for / to run this program.

c
What about uninstalling the driver for your old printer?
4
I can't understand this program. It's too complicated.

d
Have you checked to see if there are any updates available in / on the internet?
5
I think there's a bug in / inside this software.

e
Why don't you close off / down all those other applications you've got open?
6
There doesn't seem to be an icon for the program in / on the desktop.

f
You can get a manual. I've seen one in the local bookshop.
7
I can't use this program. It's all in / with French!

g
How about compressing them with / by WinZip?
8
I can't get the driver for my new printer to / at work.

h
Go to / on the "start" menu, and click at / on "All Programs"
9
I haven't got a media player in / on my computer.

i
i. Change the language setting.

 
ANSWER KEY
2.13 Problems with software
Prepositions: 1 on / of, 3 to, 5 in, 6 on, 7 in, 8 to, 9 on, a from, d on, e down, g with, h to / on

Matching: 1 b, 2 g, 3 e, 4 f, 5 d, 6 h, 7 i, 8 c, 9 a

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments