Saturday 9 May 2020

CONSOLIDATION 1 (2) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
CONSOLIDATION 1 (2)

1. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and five words, including the word given.

1
Jack left the office before I arrived there. (already)
When I arrived at the office____ Jack had already______ left.
2
Do you know how to drive this kind of car? (ever)
Have ____________________ this kind of car before.
3
This is my first visit to Scotland. (I)
This is the first time ____________________ Scotland.
4
During dinner, the phone rang. (I)
While ____________________ phone rang.
5
Do you have any plans for Saturday evening? (doing)
What ____________________ Saturday evening?
6
I started this job five years ago. (been)
I have ____________________ five years.
7
Is this car yours? (you)
Do ____________________ car?
8
Look at those black clouds! There’s rain on the way! (to)
Look at those black clouds! It’s ____________________ rain.
9
My parents’ wedding anniversary is in June next year. (for)
By June next year my parents ____________________ forty years.
10
I haven’t been to the cinema for two months. (time)
The ____________________ the cinema was two months ago.

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments