Sunday 10 May 2020

GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH (5) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH (5)

5 Complete the sentences. Use the number of words given in brackets.

1
Do you think you could possibly tell me what the time is?’
David asked me .. to tell him the time..... (five words)
2
Excuse me, but I wonder if you’d mind opening the window.’
The man asked me _______________________________________ (four words)
3
You go down this street and turn left. The cinema is just on the left.’
A passer-by told me how_______________________________________ (five words)
4
I want to know how much this bike costs. Can you tell me?’
John asked how _______________________________________ (four words)
5
Look, don’t worry, I’ll help you if you like.’
Sue said she _______________________________________ (three words)
6
All right, I tell you what, the bike’s yours for €150.’
The salesman said I could _______________________________________ (five words)
7
I hope you don’t mind my saying this, but you’re being a bit silly, aren’t you?’
Peter told me I _______________________________________five words)
8
It doesn’t look as if I’ll be arriving until after eight, I’m afraid.’
Jane said she probably _______________________________________ (five words)

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments