Sunday 10 May 2020

GRAMMAR 6 CONDITIONALS (1) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
GRAMMAR 6 CONDITIONALS (1)

1. Underline the most suitable verb forms in each sentence.

1
Why didn’t you tell me? If you told / had told me, I had helped / would have helped you.
2
If Bill didn’t steal / hadn’t stolen the money, he wasn’t / wouldn’t be / hadn’t been in prison now.
3
If Ann wasn’t driving/ didn’t drive / hadn’t driven so fast, her car didn’t crash / wouldn’t crash wouldn’t have crashed into a tree.
4
Let me give you some advice. If you smoked / would smoke / had smoked less, you didn’t feel wouldn’t feel / wouldn’t have felt so tired.
5
What bad luck! If Alan didn’t fall / hadn’t fallen / wouldn’t fall over, he won / would win / would have won the race.
6
If you invited / had invited me last week, I was able / had been able / would have been able to come.
7
I’m sure your letter hasn’t arrived yet. If it came / had come I’m sure I noticed / had noticed / would have noticed it.
8
We have a suggestion to make. How do you feel / would you feel if we offered / would offer / had offered you the job of assistant manager?
9
If you lent / had lent us the money, we paid / would pay / had paid you back next week.
10
Terry never catches anything when he goes fishing. And if he catches / caught / had caught a fish, he throws / would throw it back!

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments