Sunday 10 May 2020

CONSOLIDATION 1 (5) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
CONSOLIDATION 1 (5)

5. Complete the text using the verbs below. Use each verb once only.

a. am planning
f. am putting
k. am staying
p. are getting married
b. are you still studying
g. do you remember
l. don’t know
q. had
c. have been going out
h. haven’t been
m. want
r. happens
d. have had
i. look
n. tried
s. was thinking
e. have been travelling about
j. will be
o. worked
t. won’t recognize

Hi Harry,

Do you remember me? We (1) ___________ together last summer on the playground project in Brighton. I got your e-mail address from Dave Henning at YouthWorks. I’m sorry I (2) ___________ in touch since then, but you know how it is. I (3) ___________ for my job, and I (4) ___________ a lot of other things on my mind. But here is the good news – next week I (5) ___________ to be in Montreal, and I (6) ___________ that perhaps we could meet up. I (7) ___________ at the Hotel Elegant, which I think is near the bus terminal. I (8) ___________ the details at the end of the e-mail. (9) ___________ Alice Bartlett who was on the project with us? The one who (10) ___________ to teach you to play the piano? well, we (11) ___________ together ever since then, and we (12) ___________ in the summer in New York. We both (13) ___________ you to come to the wedding.

I (14) ___________ whether you’ve left Montreal or not, but please get in touch. Maybe we can meet up while I’m in Canada – I (15) ___________ there for yen days. Have you got a job or (16) ___________? You (17) ___________ me when you see me! I (18) ___________ my hair cut when I started the job, and now I (19) ___________ completely different. That (20) ___________ I suppose! Anyway, please let me know if you’ll be there, and now we’ll arrange something.

All the best.

Tony Allan

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments