Sunday 10 May 2020

GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH (9) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH (9)

9 Put the correct form of either say, tell or ask in each space.

1
1 I ...told........ you that you had to be on time. Why are you late?
2
When you ______________ her if she’d work late, what did she______________?
3
I think that Alan............ us a lie about his qualifications.
4
When I______________ him what he was doing there, he______________ me it was none of my business.
5
I______________ I would help you, so here I am.
6
Did you hear what Sheila______________ about her new job?
7
What did Carol ______________you about her holiday?
8
There, you see! I______________ you the bus would be on time.

ANSWER KEY
9 1 told. 2 asked, say. 3 told. 4 asked, told. 5 said. 6 said. 7 tell. 8 told.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments