Saturday 9 May 2020

CONSOLIDATION 1 (4) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
CONSOLIDATION 1 (4)

4. Put each verb in brackets into a suitable verb form.

At the Dentist’s
I was on time for my dentist’s appointment, but the dentist was still busy with another patient, so I (1) ____sat___ in the waiting room and (2) ______________ (read) some of the old magazines lying there While I (3) ______________ (wonder) whether to leave and come back another day, I (4) ______________ (notice) a magazine article about teeth. It (5) ______________ (begin); ‘How long is it since you last (6) ______________ (go) to the dentist? (7) ______________ (you go) regularly every six months? Or (8) ______________ (you put off) your visit for the last six years?’ Next the article was a cartoon of a man in a dentist’s chair. The dentist (9) ______________ (say): ‘I’m afraid this (10) ______________ (hurt).’ I (11) ______________ (suddenly realize) that my tooth (12) ______________ (stop) aching. But just as I (13) ______________ (open) the door to leave, the dentist’s door (14) ______________ (open). ‘Next please,’ he (15) ______________ (call), as the previous patient (16) ______________ (push) past me. ‘Actually I’m not here to see you, (17) ______________ (wait) for my friend,’ (18) ______________ (shout), leaving as rapidly as I could. (19) ______________ (you ever do) this kind of thing? Surely I can’t be the only person who (20) ______________ (hate) the dentist!

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments