Sunday 10 May 2020

GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH (10) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH (10)

10 Rewrite each sentence, beginning as shown. Do not change the meaning.

1
Sue, can you remember to buy some bread?’
Paul reminded ............Sue to buy some bread.................................
2
I don’t really think it’ll snow tomorrow.’
I doubt _____________________________________________________
3
I’m sorry I didn’t phone you earlier.’
Jill apologized _____________________________________________________
4
Yes, all right, I’ll share the bill with you, Dave.’
Brenda agreed _____________________________________________________
5
No, I’m sorry, I won’t work on Saturday. Definitely not!’
Catherine refused _____________________________________________________
6
Let’s go out to the cafe for lunch, shall we?’
Wendy suggested _____________________________________________________
7
It’s not true! I have never been arrested.’
Larry denied _____________________________________________________
8
If you like, I’ll help you do the decorating, Bob.’
Ann offered _____________________________________________________
9
I’ll definitely take you to the park on Sunday, children.’
Tom promised the _____________________________________________________

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments