Tuesday 12 May 2020

59. Match the sentences TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 5 (ADVANCED)
59. Match the sentences

Match the sentences 1-10 with the responses a-j.

1
Could you extend the deadline?

a
Don’t be ridiculous. I am not a spy.
2
You should get in touch with your solicitor.

b
Good – so we’ll see you on Friday.
3
I’ll have to cancel the meeting.

c
You mean – by taking bribes?
4
I’m calling to confirm our arrangement.

d
I think we should maintain altitude, with those mountains ahead.
5
The signal is fading, Captain.

e
But by how much? Only half a million dollars.
6
He’s abusing his position as a police officer.

f
Don’t be pathetic. Why not just postpone it?
7
We’re losing pressure. We’ll have to descend.

g
OK. You can have another day.
8
We’ve exceeded our targets again this year.

h
Just try to get their position, OK?
9
Why are you frowning?

i
I think i should be able to sort this out without resorting to the law.
10
You are betraying your country.

j
Oh, money worries, among other things.

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments