Sunday 10 May 2020

GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH (3) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH (3)

3 Rewrite each sentence as indirect speech, beginning as shown.

1
You can’t park here.’
The police officer told Jack....that he couldn't park there............
2
I’ll see you in the morning, Helen.’
Peter told Helen ________________________________________________________
3
I’m catching the 5.30 plane tomorrow evening.’
Janet said ________________________________________________________
4
The trousers have to be ready this afternoon.’
Paul told the dry-cleaners ________________________________________________________
5
I left my umbrella here two days ago.’
Susan told them________________________________________________________
6
The parcel ought to be here by the end of next week.’
Brian said ________________________________________________________
7
I like this hotel very much.’
Diana told me ________________________________________________________
8
I think it’s going to rain tonight.’
William said ________________________________________________________

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments