Saturday 9 May 2020

GRAMMAR 4 PRESENT TIME (3) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
 GRAMMAR 4 PRESENT TIME (3)

6. Put each verb in brackets into either the present simple or the present continuous.

Dear Aunt Jean,

I (1) ___am just writing__ (just write) to tell you how much I (2) __________ (appreciate) the money you have sent me, and to tell you how I (3) __________________________ (get) on in my first term at university. Actually, I (4) ____________ (really enjoy) myself I (5) ______________ (study) quite hard as well, but at the moment I (6) ____________ (spend) a lot of time just making friends. I (7) ____________ (still stay) with my friend Sue, and I (7) ____________ (look for) somewhere of my own to live. Only a few of the first-year students (9) ____________ (live) in college here, and I (10) ____________ (seem) to be spending a lot of time travelling backwards and forwards. I (11) ____________ (go) to lecturers every morning, and most afternoons I (12) ____________ (study) in the library. In fact I (13) ____________ (write) this letter instead of finishing my project. I (14) ____________ (think) I’ll buy some new clothes with the money you sent. Everything (15) ____________ (cost) a lot here, and I (16) ____________ (save) to buy a winter coat. It (17) ____________ (get) really cold here in the evenings. I now (18) ____________ (know) some other students and generally speaking we (19) ____________ (have) quite a good time socially! I (20) ____________ (also learn) to drive.

See you soon.

Katherine


ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments