Sunday 10 May 2020

GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH (7) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH (7)

7 Put the correct form of one of the verbs in the box into each space.

accuse
apologize
offer
advise
suggest
admit
deny
remind
confess


1
No, it’s not true, I didn’t steal the money!’
Jean ...denied............. stealing the money / that she had stolen the money.
2
Why don’t we go to the cinema this evening?’
Peter ________________ going to the cinema / that they went to the cinema.
3
I’ve broken your pen. I’m awfully sorry, Jack.’
David ________________ for breaking Jack’s pen.
4
Don’t forget to post my letter, will you, Sue?’
Diana ________________ Sue to post her letter.
5
Let me carry your bag, John.’
Harry ________________ to carry John’s bag.
6
All right, it’s true, I was nervous.’
The leading actor ________________to being nervous / that he had been nervous.
7
If I were you, Bill, I’d buy a mountain bike.’
Stephen ________________ Bill to buy a mountain bike.
8
You murdered Lord Grand, didn’t you, Mr Burns!’
The inspector ________________ Mr Burns of murdering Lord Grand.
9
It was me who stole the money,’ said Jim.
Jim ________________ to stealing the money.

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments