Sunday 10 May 2020

GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
GRAMMAR 5 INDIRECT SPEECH

1. Underline the most suitable verb form in each sentence.

1
Helen asked me if I liked visiting old buildings.
Do you like/ Did you like visiting old buildings?’ asked Helen.
2
Bill asked Mary if she had done anything the previous weekend.
Have you done / Did you do anything last weekend?’
3
The policeman asked me if the car belonged to me.
Does / Did this car belong to you?’ asked the policeman.
4
Fiona asked me if I had seen her umbrella anywhere.
Did you see / Have you seen my umbrella anywhere?’ asked Fiona.
5
Joe asked Tina when she would get back.
When will you get / have you got back?’ asked Joe.
6
Eddie asked Steve who he had been to the cinema with.
Who did you go / had you been to the cinema with?’ asked Eddie.
7
My parents asked me what time I had got home the night before.
What time did you get / have you got home last night?’ my parents ask.
8
David asked a passer-by if it was the right road for Hastings.
Is / Was this the right road for Hastings?’ asked David.

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments