Saturday 9 May 2020

CONSOLIDATION 1 FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
CONSOLIDATION 1

1. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and five words, including the word given.

1
There’s a party at Mary’s house next week. (having)
Next week ____Mary’s having a ___________ party at her house.
2
When you phoned me, it was my lunch time. (I)
When you phoned me ___________________________________ lunch.
3
I started working here three years ago. (for)
I’ve ___________________________________ three years.
4
Our meeting is tomorrow. (a)
We ___________________________________ tomorrow.
5
I haven’t had a Chinese meal for ages. (since)
It’s ___________________________________ a Chinese meal.
6
David went home before we arrived. (had)
When we ___________________________________ home
7
The arrival time of Helen’s flight is 8.00. (at)
Helen’s flight ___________________________________8.00
8
Hurry up! We’ll get to the theatre after the beginning of the play. (will)
By the time we get to the theatre, the play ___________________________________ begun.
9
Oh no! My wallet is missing (lost)
Oh no! I ___________________________________ wallet.
10
I’ve only recently started wearing glasses. (wear)
I ___________________________________ recently.

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments