Thursday 7 May 2020

1. PAST TIME (2) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
1. PAST TIME (2)

2. Underline the most suitable verb from each sentence. The first one is done for you.

1
I suddenly remembered that I forgot/ had forgotten my keys.
2
While Diana watched/ was watching her favourite television programme, there was a power cut.
3
Tom used to live/ would live in the house at the end of the street.
4
Who was driving/ drove the car at the time of the accident.
5
By the time Sheila got back, Chris went/had gone.
6
David ate/had eaten Japanese food before, so he knew what to order.
7
I did/was doing some shopping yesterday, when I saw that Dutch friend of yours.
8
I used to like/ was liking sweets much more than I do now.
9
What exactly were you doing/ did you do when I came into your office yesterday.
10
Laura missed the party because no-one was telling/had told her about it.
11
Tanya would/ used to be a doctor

3. Put each verb in brackets into a suitable past verb form. Only use the past perfect where this is absolutely necessary.

1
While I (try)___was trying____ to get my car started, a passing car (stop) _________ and the driver (offer) _________ to help me.
2
The police (pay) _________ no attention to Jo’s complaint because she (phone) _________ them so many times before.
3
Mary (not wear) _________ her glasses at the time, so she (not notice) _________ what kind of car the man (drive) _________.
4
Nick (lie) _________ down on the grass for a while, next to some tourists who (feed) _________ the ducks.
5
Tony (admit) _________ that he (hit) _________ the other car, but she said that he (not damage) _________ it.
6
Sorry, (not listen) _________ to you. I (think) _________ about something else.
7
Helen (feel) _________ very tired, and when she (finish) _________ her work, she (fall) _________ asleep.
8
The police (get) _________ to Tom’s house as fast as they could, but the burglars (disappear) _________.
9
I (phone) _________ you last night but you (not answer) _________. What (you do) _________?
10
We (not go) _________ out yesterday because it (rain) _________.

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments