Friday 8 May 2020

GRAMMAR 3 FUTURE TIME FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
 GRAMMAR 3 FUTURE TIME

1. Underline the most suitable future form in each sentence.

1
Why are you going to buy/ will you buy a new mountain bike?
2
Don’t phone between 8.00 and 9.00. I’ll study / I’ll be studying then.
3
Look out! That tree will / is going to fall!
4
Let me know as soon as Louise will get / gets there.
5
Great news! Jean and Chris will come / are coming to stay with us.
6
According to this timetable, the bus is going to arrive / arrives at 6.00.
7
Can you call me this evening, because I’ll leave / I’m leaving tomorrow.
8
If you arrive late at the sale, the best things will go / will have gone.

2 Put each verb in brackets into a suitable future form. More than one answer may be possible.

1
I can’t see you on Thursday afternoon. I (visit)....am visiting..... our Birmingham branch.
2
George (not be)........................................... back until six. Can I take a message?
3
What (you buy)........................................... with the money you won in the lottery?
4
I don’t think you (have)....................... any problems at the airport.
5
(you take)............................your dog with you to Scotland?
6
All the hotels are full. Where (we spend)..................................... the night?
7
You’d better not come in July. My mother (stay)............................................ with me then.
8
What time (your plane leave)............................................... ?

3 Put each verb in brackets into a suitable future form. More than one answer may be possible.

1
By the time we reach home, the rain (stop) ...will have stopped....
2
This time next week I (lie)............................................on the beach in Spain.
3
In ten years’ time I (work)................................................ for a different company.
4
If we don’t get there by 6.00, Jack (leave)....................
5
In July they (be married).......................................... for twenty years.
6
In the year 2500 a lot of people (live)............................................... on the Moon.
7
When you get to the station, I (wait)..............................for you outside.
8
Don’t worry! The plane (land)............................................ in a moment.
9
By the time you come home, I (finish)....................................... the decorating.
10
Come round between eight and nine. We (watch)............................the match on television then.

ANSWER KEY
1
1 are you going to buy. 2 I'll be studying. 3 is going to. 4 gets. 5 are coming. 6 arrives. 7 I'm leaving. 8 will have gone.

2
1am visiting. 2 won't be. 3 are you going to buy. 4 will have. 5 Are you taking/ Are you going to take. 6 are we going to spend. 7 will be staying/ is staying. 8 does your plane leave.

3
 1 will have stopped. 2 will be lying. 3 will be working. 4 will have left. 5 will have been married. 6 will be living/ will live. 7 will be waiting. 8 will land/ is going to land/ will be landing. 9 will have finished. 10 will be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments