Saturday 9 May 2020

CONSOLIDATION 1 (3) FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY


FIRST LANGUAGE PRACTICE WITH KEY
CONSOLIDATION 1 (3)

Put each word in brackets into a suitable verb form.

Moving house

I come from a very large family and recently my parents (1)______________decided________( DECIDE ) that they(2) ______________________ ( SPEND ) long enough living in an overcrowded house in Birmingham . “We (3)______________________ ( MOVE ) to the country ” , my father (4)______________________ ( ANNOUNCE ) one evening. “ I(5) ______________________ ( SELL ) this house and we (6)______________________ ( LIVE ) on a farm ” . So last week we (7) ______________________ (LOAD) all our belongings into two hired vans, and for the last few days we (8)______________________ ( TRY ) to organise ourselves in our new home. Yesterday, for example, my two brothers and I (9) ______________________ (START) painting the upstairs rooms. Unfortunately, while I (10) ______________________ (MIX) the paint, one of my brothers (11)______________________ ( OPEN ) the door. Nobody (12)______________________ ( TELL ) him that we (13)______________________ ( BE ) in the room. So instead of painting the walls we (14)______________________ ( SPEND ) al morning cleaning paint off the floor. But worse things (15)______________________ ( HAPPEN ) since then. This morning, when I (16)______________________ ( WAKE ) up, water (17)______________________ ( DRIP ) through the ceiling next to my bed. We (18)__________ ______ ( SPENT ) the last five hours repairing the roof. It is not all bad news, though . The school in the village nearby (19)______________________ ( CLOSE DOWN) two years ago, and my parents (20)______________________ ( NOT FIND ) another school for us yet.


ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments