Saturday 5 December 2020

USEFUL PHRASES TARGET VOCABULARY 1

 

TARGET VOCABULARY 1

SECTION FOUR: FOOD, SHOPS, AND SHOPPING

USEFUL PHRASES

 

Match the phrases or situations 1-10 with the correct responses a-j.

1

(You want to pay for a meal at a restaurant.)

a

It’s all right, thank you. I’m just looking.

2

My mother died last week.

b

Yes, certainly.

3

May I introduce Peter Brown.

c

Could I have the bill, please?

4

Have you met Anne?

d

No, thank you. I’m driving.

5

(Shop assistant in a shop.) Can I help you?

e

How do you do.

6

I’m hungry.

f

I’m glad you enjoyed it.

7

(You don’t hear or understand something someone says to you.)

g

I’m so sorry.

8

Thanks for the party.

h

No, I don’t think so.

9

Could you help me, please?

i

Sorry?

10

Would you like a drink?

j

Help yourself to a sandwich.


ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments