Monday 7 December 2020

CLOTHES ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE PRE INTERMEDIATE

 

ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE PRE INTERMEDIATE

UNIT 21 CLOTHES

 

A

Smart, stylish and casual

I think the woman looks stylish [wearing nice clothes and looking attractive; also well- dressed].

The man is smartly dressed [clean and tidy and suitable for formal situations].

The boy’s clothes are more casual [comfortable and suitable for informal situations].


B

Verbs and phrases used with clothes

 


As soon as I get up, I have a shower and get dressed [put on my clothes]. I don’t eat breakfast.

I have to wear a suit and tie to work, but I usually take off my tie before lunchtime. [remove it; opp put something on]

 


EXERCISES

21.1

Put the words into the correct columns.

boots

earrings

button

top

ring

jumper

bracelet

scarf

necklace

zip

pocket

cap

sleeve

tights

collar

 

 

items of clothing

jewellery

parts of clothing

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

21.2

Find five more things that are different in the pictures.

1 The first woman is wearing a ring; the second isn’t.

2. ________________________________________________

3. ________________________________________________

4. ________________________________________________

5. ________________________________________________


21.3

Complete the sentences.

1 Why don’t you take _______off ________ your coat?

2 Madison looks really nice _____________ purple.

3 He was very smartly- _____________ this morning. He had his best suit on.

4 It took me ages to put _____________ these boots.

5 You should wear bright colours more often; they _____________ you.

6 Julia couldn’t do _____________ the zip on her jacket.

7 I changed _____________ a pair of jeans as soon as I got home.

8 I took my tie off and _____________ the top button of my shirt.

9 My brother takes his books to school in a _____________. He says it’s easier to carry them on his back.

10 I had a quick shower, got _____________, then joined the others for breakfast.

21.4


ANSWER KEY



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments