Monday 7 December 2020

FASHION AND BUYING CLOTHES ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE PRE INTERMEDIATE

 

ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE PRE INTERMEDIATE

UNIT 22 FASHION AND BUYING CLOTHES

 

A

Fashion


Language help

 

If two things match, they are a similar colour or type. If two things go with each other, they look good together.

Catherine’s bag matches her coat. Catherine’s bag goes with her coat.

If something suits you, it looks good on you. If something fits you, it is the right size.

B

In a clothes shop

A shop assistant [a person who works in a shop] is serving different customers [helping them to buy things].

 


EXERCISES

22.1

Are these pairs similar in meaning or different in meaning?

1 in fashion and fashionable _________ similar ______________

2 wardrobe and changing room _____________________________

3 I’ll take it and I’ll leave it _____________________________

4 match something and go with something _____________________________

5 tight and loose _____________________________

6 fit someone and suit someone _____________________________

7 that’s a shame and that’s a pity _____________________________

22.2

Rewrite the sentences starting with the words given. Keep a similar meaning.

1 I often shop with my mother.

2 These watches are fashionable.

3 Your top matches your skirt.

4 I like what I’m wearing.

5 Those trousers suit you.

6 Are they the right size?

7 I’d like it to be quite loose.

8 She always wears black.

I often go ____ shopping with my mother _________.

These watches are in ___________________.

Your top goes ___________________.

I like what I’ve ___________________.

Those trousers look ___________________.

Do they ___________________?

I don’t want it to be too ___________________.

She always ___________________in black.

22.3

Which words are being defined?

1 be the right size ________ fit_________

2 not cheap, but not expensive _______________

3 a large cupboard for keeping clothes in _______________

4 popular with people at a particular time _______________

5 the place where you try on clothes in a shop _______________

6 Armani and Calvin Klein are examples of this _______________

7 a person who works in a shop _______________

8 look after customers and help them to buy things _______________

22.4

Complete the dialogues.


22.5


ANSWER KEY


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments