Saturday 5 December 2020

USEFUL PHRASES TARGET VOCABULARY 1

 

TARGET VOCABULARY 1

SECTION FIVE: THE WORLD OF NATURE

USEFUL PHRASES

 

Match the phrases or situations 1-10 with the correct responses a-j.

1

(You open a door for someone to go through)

a

Hello. Pleased to meet you.

2

Pass the salt, please.

b

I’m a teacher.

3

(Someone is looking very unhappy.)

c

How about going to the cinema?

4

Could I speak to Sarah, please?

d

What a pity!

5

Pam, this is Brian

e

After you!

6

(Someone has bought you a drink at the pub.)

f

Cheer up!

7

What shall we do tonight?

g

Never mind. Thanks anyway.

8

What do you do for a living?

h

She’s out at the moment. Can I take a message?

9

Sorry I can’t help you.

i

Cheers!

10

I can’t come to the party. I’ve got to work.

j

Certainly. Here you are.


ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments