Tuesday 24 March 2020

14. Word building 2 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
14. Word building 2

Use the word on the right to make a new word which fits in the sentences.

1
Always strive for ____perfection_______, but be content when you fail.
PERFECT
2
There is a lot of ___________ in the street. Are we missing something?
ACTIVE
3
There are ___________ reasons not to fall in love. But let’s do it anyway.
COUNT
4
‘___________, ___________ night’ – do you know the song?
STAR
5
Don’t ask. I’m afraid I’m __________ to help you.
POWER
6
I’d love to, but __________ I can’t make it this weekend.
FORTUNE
7
Just what is the __________ of listening of four men playing rock music?
ATTRACT
8
Safety is not my __________.
Speak to supervisor.
RESPONSE
9
Clean it up now. It’s __________, and sooner or later somebody will fall over.
SLIP
10
‘I’ve been concerned about your __________ for some time,’ the head teacher said in a rather threatening voice.
BEHAVE
11
What do we want? __________ ! When do we want it? Now!
EQUAL
12
I haven’t got any __________, so I can’t get anywhere in life. Sad but true, my friend.
QUALIFY
13
The unexplained __________ of the lead singer made the band even more famous. He never turned up again.
APPPEAR


Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments