Friday 20 March 2020

Additional exercises a/an and the ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE


ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE
Additional exercises
a/an and the

29
Put in a/an or the where necessary. Leave the space empty if the sentence is already complete.

1
I don't usually like staying at __ - ___ hotels, but last summer we spent two weeks at __ a __very nice hotel by __ the __ sea.
2
If you go to live in ____ foreign country, you should try and learn ____ language.
3
Helen is ____ economist. She lives in ____ United States and works for ____ investment company.
4
I love ____ sport, especially ____ tennis . I play two or three times ____ week if I can, but I'm not ____ very good player.
5
I won't be home for ____ dinner this evening. I'm meeting some friends after ____ work and we're going to ____ c1nema.
6
When ____ unemployment is high, it's difficult for ____ people to find ____ work. It's ____ big problem.
7
There was ____ accident as I was going ____ home last night. Two people were taken to ____ hospital. I think ____ most accidents are caused by ____ people driving too fast.
8
A: What 's ____ name of ____ hotel where you're staying?
B: ____ Ambassador. It's in ____. Queen Street in ____ city centre. It’s near ____ station.
9
I have two brothers. ____ older one is training to be ____ pilot with ____ British Airways. ____ younger one is still at ____ school. When he leaves ____ school, he wants to go to ____ university to study ____ law.












ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments