Wednesday 25 March 2020

26. Word building 3 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
26. Word building 3

Use the word on the right to make a new word which fits in the sentence.

1
My hopes for the job were high, but the ___reality_____ was rather different.
REAL
2
The American War of _________ is known in the USA as the Revolution.
DEPEND
3
Medical treatment in the USA depends on your _________ to pay.
ABLE
4
They said I was _________ to be a school governor, just because I have a criminal record.
FIT
5
He looks hideous, but he has a great _________.
PERSON
6
It was rather _________of you to leave both your children on the bus.
CARE
7
I spent my _________ in a small town where even the cats and the dogs were bored.
CHILD
8
This advert was filmed in a _________ old factory.
USE
9
Don’t accuse me of _________. You are the hypocrite.
HYPOCRITE
10
These poor chickens are kept in a very _________ conditions.
NATURE
11
The price of _________ is ridiculous. That’s why I live with my parents.
ACCOMMODATE
12
All the _________ are randomly tested for drugs.
COMPETE
13
Show the slightest _________, and you are out of this game.
HESITATE
14
It used to be a nice _________. Not any more
NEIGHBOR
15
The sooner you get medical _________ for this, the better.
TREAT
16
This mafia killer showed great _________ towards his family – but then, so do the tigers
TENDER


Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments