Tuesday 24 March 2020

22. Phrasal verbs 2 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
22. Phrasal verbs 2

Replace the words in brackets in the following sentences with a suitable phrasal verb. Put the verbs in the correct form.

break down
butt in
clear up
come across
cut down on
get through to
look back on
look up to
put down
rip off

1
It’s pretty miserable now – grey and wet. But they say it’s going to ____clear up ____ later. (become fine)
2
Football stars have a responsibility. Young fans ___________ them, and treat them as role-models. (admire)
3
Some people ___________ the communist era with nostalgia. (remember)
4
Let me finish what I’m saying. I can’t stand it when you ___________. (interrupt)
5
If you can’t give up, at least ___________ the number of sweets you eat. (reduce)
6
I couldn’t ___________ you on your mobile this morning. There was no tone at all. (contact)
7
I was surfing the internet when I ___________ a really weird site, all about cooking insects. (found by chance)
8
Yesterday the bus ___________, and well all stood there by the roadside in the rain. (stopped working)
9
Quite a few taxi-drivers ___________ foreign customers. (cheat, overcharge)
10
You don’t care about my feelings. All you ever do is try to ___________ me ___________. (criticize, humiliate)

Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments