Friday 20 March 2020

Additional exercises Past continuous and used to ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE


ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE
Additional exercises
Past continuous and used to

9
Complete the sentences using the past continuous (was/were -ing) or used to .... Use the verb in brackets.
1
I haven't been to the cinema for ages now. We ____ used to go ____ a lot. (go)
Ann didn't see me wave to her. She ____ was looking _____ in the other direction. (look)
I ______________ a lot, but I don't use my car very much these days. (drive)
I asked the taxi driver to slow down. She ______________ too fast. (drive)
2
3
4
5

Rosemary and Jonathan met for the first time when they ______________ in the same bank. (work)
When I was a child, I ______________ a lot of bad dreams. (have)
I wonder what Joe is doing these days. He ______________ in Spain when I last heard from him. (live)
6
7
8
'Where were you yesterday afternoon?' 'I ______________ volleyball.' (play)
'Do you do any sports?' 'Not these days, but I ______________ volleyball.' (play)
George looked very nice at the party. He ______________ a very smart suit. (wear)
9
10













ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments