Saturday 28 March 2020

52 Feelings TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
52 Feelings

Use the words in the box to describe the feelings in the sentences.

anger
delight
despair
disappointment
exhaustion
hope
infatuation
interest
irritation
jealousy
regret


1
My sister was hopping mad when I smashed her car. She really screamed at me. ____ anger_____
2
I basically wasted five years of my life lowing the wrong man. __________
3
I feel sure that it is going to work out OK. __________
4
After all our hopes and expectations, I can’t believe that our son failed to get into Harvard University. __________
5
Angry? Not really. It’s just one of those little things that gets on your nerves. __________
6
Yes, that sounds like the right sort of job for me. Could I come and see you about it? __________
7
It’s …. It’s hopeless. There’s no way out. __________
8
This is fantastic, brilliant, wonderful! I can hardly believe this is happening! __________
9
It’s sickening to think of her with that pathetic guy. How could she prefer him to me? __________
10
Tara can’t take any more. The weeks of stress have worn her down. __________
11
Paul is obsessed with that girl who works in the internet café. He never talks about anything else. __________

Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments