Friday 20 March 2020

Additional exercises Pronouns and determiners ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE


ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE
Additional exercises
Pronouns and determiners

30
Which alternatives are correct? Sometimes only one alternative is correct, and sometimes two alternatives are possible.

1
I don't remember _________ about the accident.
A
anything
B
something
C
nothing
(A is correct)
2
Chris and I have known _________  for quite a long time.
A
us
B
each other
C
ourselves
3
'How often do the buses run?' '________ twenty minutes.'
A
All
B
Each
C
Every
4
I shouted for help, but ________ came.
A
nobody
B
no-one
C
anybody
5
Last night we went out with some friends of _______.
A
us
B
our
C
ours
6
It didn't take us a long time to get here. ________traffic.
A
It wasn't much
B
There wasn't much
C
It wasn't a lot
7
Can I have ________milk in my coffee, please?
A
a little
B
any
C
some
8
Sometimes I find it difficult to ________.
A
concentrate
B
concentrate me
C
concentrate myself
9
There's ________on at the cinema that I want to see, so there's no point in going.
A
something
B
anything
C
nothing
10
I drink ________water every day.
A
much
B
a lot of
C
lots of
11
________in the centre are open on Sunday.
A
Most of shops
B
Most of the shops
C
The most of the shops
12
There were about twenty people in the photo. I didn't recognise ________of them.
A
any
B
none
C
either
13
I've been waiting ________for Sarah to phone.
A
all morning
B
the whole morning
C
all the morning
14
I can't afford to buy anything in this shop. ________so expensive.
A
All is
B
Everything is
C
All are











ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments