Saturday 28 March 2020

51 Anagrams TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
51 Anagrams

Change the words in bold type so that the sentences make sense. Each of the words is an anagram of the correct word – that is, it contains exactly the same letters.

1
The kettle was boiling away and the kitchen was full of meats (___ steam ____).
2
It is easy to least (_____________) copyright material on the internet.
3
I’m a bit overweight, but I can’t sister (_____________) chocolate.
4
I am terrified of being stuck in a flit (_____________). It’s a form of claustrophobia.
5
The plates (_____________) of the flower are bright yellow.
6
Some Hollywood actors go back to acting on the gates (_____________).
7
I warn you: if you teach (_____________) in this exam, I will catch you. I have eyes in the back of my head.
8
Is it really possible to meat (_____________) a tiger. Don’t they always remain wild.
9
In the thorn (_____________) of the country, the scenery is better.
10
Do not read (_____________) to say something critical to the boss today. She is in an awful mood.
11
Many people blamed the aimed (_____________) for princess Diana’s death.
12
I would like to go up to the Amazon in an ocean (_____________).

Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments