Monday 23 March 2020

2. Useful everyday phrases TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
2. Useful everyday phrases

Fill in the speech bubbles in the cartoons, using one sentence from each column.

1
Excuse me, is anyone sitting here?
a
A pleasure
2
Do you mind if I switch the light off?
b
Ah well! That’s life!
3
Could I borrow your mobile? My battery is flat.
c
Certainly. Here you are.
4
I wish I hadn’t said that to her
d
No, it’s free
5
I’m sorry I’m late
e
No, please don’t. I feel frightened enough with it on.
6
May I come in?
f
Oh, I’m so pleased to hear it.
7
Pass the salt, please.
g
Oh, that’s alright. You got the job!
8
Thanks for the lift, Amina.
h
You are joking, aren’t you Sir?
9
The baby’s much better now.
i
Yes, of course. What can I do?
10
You couldn’t give me a hand, could you?
j
Yes, please do


Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments