Friday 27 March 2020

41. Prepositions after verbs TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
41. Prepositions after verbs

Complete the sentences using prepositions – words like from, of, for, etc.

1
They accused me ____ of _____ selling secrets to the enemy.
2
I must apologize _________ not replying sooner, but I’m afraid I’m completely disorganized.
3
My parents didn’t approve _________ me joining the army.
4
I didn’t use to believe _________ ghosts. Not until last night, that is!
5
Can I rely _________ you to copy the files and e-mail them today?
6
I am very annoyed __________ you. Can’t you try doing something useful for a change?
7
OK, don’t laugh _________ my jokes. Just sit there looking miserable.
8
Who is responsible __________ the cleaning staff in this company?
9
My mother managed to cope __________ six children and a job.
10
I really object __________ the way people park on the pavement.
11
The wrong man was arrested and charged __________ murder.
12
I respect you __________ the way you never give up.
13
The company is investing heavily __________ new technology.


Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments