Tuesday 24 March 2020

20. ‘Parts of the body’ expressions TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
20. ‘Parts of the body’ expressions

Complete the sentences with expressions from the box. Put the verbs in the correct form.

brainwave
cheeky
to put (your) foot in it
to stick (your) neck out
hair-raising
heartless
eyesore
out of (your) mind
nosy
to see eye to eye
pain in the neck
put (your) finger on it

1
How could you be so ____ heartless _______ ? I’m still crying because you left me, and now you want your Best of Rap video back – to watch with that girl!
2
I’m in trouble simply because I ____________ and told the truth about the management of this place.
3
When was the last time you had a ____________? Oh, yes, that brilliant idea of selling goldfish on the internet. Mmm.
4
We have an excellent working relationship. We ____________ on almost everything.
5
That ex-boyfriend of yours is real ____________. I’m not surprised you dumped him.
6
£2000? You must be ____________ if you think I’m paying that!
7
Right there in the historic centre of the city, there’s a horrible new office block, a real ____________.
8
You’re right – that is exactly the problem. You’ve ____________.
9
I told the teacher he was looking smart today, and he said, ‘Don’t be ____________.’ I was only trying to be nice.
10
Have you ever tried minding your own business, you ____________ little person?
11
The Devil’s Dive at the new theme park is a seriously ____________ ride.
12
I really ____________ when I mentioned the boss’s trip to Paris with Dave. Her husband hadn’t heard about it before and he went mad.


Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments