Friday 20 March 2020

Additional exercises Past, present and future ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE


ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE
Additional exercises
Past, present and future

14
Use your own ideas to complete B's sentences.

1
A: How did the accident happen?
B: I _____ was going ____ too fast and couldn't stop in time.
2
A: Is that a new camera?
B: No, I ________________ it a long time.
3
A: Is that a new computer?
B: Yes, I ________________ it a few weeks ago.
4
A: I can't talk to you right now. You can see I'm very busy.
B: OK. I ________________ back in about half an hour.
5
A: This is a nice restaurant. Do you come here often?
B: No, it's the first time I ________________ here.
6
A: Do you do any sport?
B: No, I ________________ football, but I gave it up.
7
A: I'm sorry I'm late.
B: That's OK. I ________________ long.
8
A: When you went to the US last year, was it your first visit?
B: No, I ________________ there twice before.
9
A: Do you have any plans for the weekend?
B: Yes, I ________________ to a party on Saturday night.
10
A: Do you know what Steve's doing these days?
B: No, I ________________ him for ages.
11
A: Will you still be here by the time I get back?
B: No, I ________________ by then.
15
Robert is travelling in North America. He sends an email to a friend in Winnipeg (Canada). Put the verb into the most suitable form.


Hi
 (1) ____ I’ve just arrived ______ (I /just /arrive) in Minneapolis. (2) __________________  (I /travel) for more than a month now, and (3) __________________ (I /begin) to think about coming home. Everything (4) __________________ (I /see) so far (5) __________________ (be) really interesting, and (6) __________________ (I /meet) some really kind people.

(7) __________________ (I /leave) Kansas City a week ago. (8) __________________ (I /stay) there with Emily, the aunt of a friend from college. She was really helpful and hospitable and although (9) __________________ (I /plan) to stay only a couple of days, (10) __________________ (I /end up) staying more than a week.

(11) __________________ (I /enjoy) the journey from Kansas City to here. (12) __________________ (I /take) the Greyhound bus and (13) __________________ (meet) some really interesting people - everybody was really friendly.

So now I'm here, and (14) __________________ (I /stay) here for a few days before (15) __________________ (I / continue) up to Canada. I 'm not sure exactly when (16) __________________ (I /get) to Winnipeg - it depends what happens while (17) __________________ (I /be) here. But (18) __________________ (I /let) you know as soon as (19) __________________ (I /know) myself.

(20) __________________ (I /stay) with a family here - they're friends of some people I know at home. Tomorrow (21) __________________ (we /visit) some people they know who (22) __________________ (build) a house in the mountains. It isn't finished yet, but (23) __________________ (it /be) interesting to see what it's like.

Anyway, that's all for now. (24) __________________ (I / be) in touch again soon.


Robert










ANSWER KEY


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments