Friday 20 March 2020

Additional exercises Conjunctions ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE


ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE
Additional exercises
Conjunctions

32
Which is correct?

1
I'll try to be on time, but don't worry if /when I'm late. (if is correct)
2
Don't throw that bag away. If /When you don't want it, I'll have it.
Please report to reception if /when you arrive at the hotel.
We've arranged to go to the beach tomorrow, but we won't go if /when it's raining.
Tanya is in her final year at school. She still doesn't know what she's going to do if /when she leaves.
3
4
5
6
What would you do if /when you lost your keys?
I hope I'll be able to come to the party, but I'll let you know if /unless I can't.
I don't want to be disturbed, so don't phone me if /unless it's something important.
Please sign the contract if /unless you're happy with the conditions.
I like travelling by ship as long as /unless the sea is not rough.
7
8
9
10
11
You might not remember the name of the hotel, so write it down if /in case you forget it.
It's not cold now, but take your coat with you if /in case it gets cold later.
Take your coat with you and then you can put it on if /in case it gets cold later.
They always have the TV on, even if /if nobody is watching it.
Even /Although I left home early, I got to work late.
12
13
14
15
16
Despite /Although we've known each other a long time, we're not particularly close friends.
'When did you leave school?' 'As /When I was 17.'
I think Ann will be very pleased as /when she hears the news.
17
18











ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments