Monday 23 March 2020

5. Word building 1 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
5. Word building 1

Use the word on the right to make a new word which fits in the sentence.

1
Money can’t buy you ___ happiness ____ - or at least that’s what some people say.
HAPPY
2
I don’t think guns are __________ toys for young children.
SUIT
3
Alexander Graham Bell developed the first telephone in 1876. Did he have any idea how important his _______ would become.
INVENT
4
Come on! You can do it! There’s no such word as __________ !
POSSIBLE
5
The tobacco companies understood the ________ effects of smoking for a long time – but kept quiet about them.
HARM
6
Towards the end of the 20th century, Microsoft became the world’s most ______ company.
SUCCESS
7
Kate Winslet’s _____ is the only good things about this film.
PERFORM
8
The England football team has some talent, but we’re all ______ about their chances in the World Cup.
DOUBT
9
Frightened? I was absolutely _________ !
TERROR
10
Adam is too ________. All I said was I didn’t like his new hair colour, and now he won’t speak to me.
SENSE
11
I was kept ________ last night by another crazy party in the flat below me.
WAKE
12
I know Harry is physically ________, but he is a bit boring, isn’t he?
ATTRACT
13
You have a problem, and I’m very _________. But I’m not in a position to lend you money.
SYMPATHY


Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments