Saturday 28 March 2020

47. Confusing words 2 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
47. Confusing words 2

These words are very close, either in form or meaning. Underline the correct one in each sentence.

1
In my view this is a (classical/classic) case of ‘too little, too late’.
2
The (economic/economical) argument for having an independent central bank is quite … I’m sorry, am I boring you?
3
This stuff is very (effective/efficient) against diarrhoea, but I don’t know about the side-effects.
4
It’s not that bad. After eight years in prison, you will become (eligible/illegible) for early release.
5
I don’t care. It doesn’t (effect/affect) me.
6
Is there a (an opportunity/ a possibility) of you coming to help me.
7
I’m not talking about the actor who played the astronaut; I want to meet the (actual/topical) astronaut.
8
The paralysis in the company is due to the (imminent/eminent) departure of the chief executive.
9
It is not (humanely/humanly) possible to remember all the phone numbers you need.
10
A number of (priceless/worthless) treasures have been stolen.

Answer key


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments