Tuesday 24 March 2020

19. Computers TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
19. Computers

My friend Phil has just bought a computer, and he doesn’t know much about it yet. His mistakes are in bold type. Help him by writing the correct technical terms in the spaces.

a virus
CDs
crash
e-mail
floppy
hard
internet
keyboard
modem
monitor
mouse
processing
scanner
surf
website


1
The colours on the television (____ monitor _____) are not the same as the printed pages.
2
What’s the difference between the left click and the right click on the rat ( ____________ ).
3
How many programs can I store on the hot (____________) disk?
4
Should I make copies of everything on those little (____________) disks?
5
Those big shiny disks (____________) are great! There’s so much stuff on them!
6
I can’t understand all those extra buttons on the typewriter (____________).
7
Computers! They drive you mad sometimes. You’ve put all your work on them and then they just stop working (____________).
8
I use mine mostly for word producing (____________), or whatever you call it.
9
I want to put my old photos onto the computer, so I’m getting one of those photocopier (____________) things.
10
You can get an incredible amount of information on the Netscape (____________).
11
When I get connected, I’m going to send lots of digital letters (____________) to people.
12
I might even make my own sight (____________) which people can visit to check out my photos and so on.
13
But I am a bit worried about wasting a lot of time skating (____________).
14
Anyway, I haven’t yet got a thingamajig (____________) to connect my computer to the phone line.
15
Apparently there’s a danger of getting bacteria (____________) from files you download.


Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments