Friday 20 March 2020

Additional exercises If (conditional) ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE


ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE FOR INTERMEDIATE
Additional exercises
If (conditional)

19
Put the verb into the correct form.

1
If _____ you found _____ a wallet in the street, what would you do with it? (you /find)
2
I must hurry. My friend will be annoyed if __ I’m not ____ on time. (I /not /be)
I didn't realise that Gary was in hospital. If ___  I’d known ____ he was in hospital, I would have gone to visit him. (I /know)
If the phone ___________, can you answer it? (ring)
I can't decide what to do. What would you do if ___________in my position? (you /be)
3

4
5
6
A: What shall we do tomorrow?
B: Well, if ___________a nice day, we can go to the beach. (it / be)
7
A: Let's go to the beach.
B: No, it's too cold. If ___________warmer, I wouldn't mind going. (it /be)
8
A: Did you go to the beach yesterday?
B: No, it was too cold. If ___________warmer, we might have gone. (it /be)
9
If ___________enough money to go anywhere in the world, where would you go? (you /have)
10
I'm glad we had a map. I'm sure we would have got lost if ___________ one. (we /not /have)
11
The accident was your fault. If ___________ more carefully, it wouldn't have happened. (you /drive)
12
A: Why do you read newspapers?
B: Well, if ___________ newspapers, I wouldn't know what was happening in the world. (I /not /read)
20
Complete the sentences.

1
Lisa is tired all the time. She shouldn't go to bed so late.
If Lisa ___ didn’t go ___ to bed so late, she ___ wouldn’t be ____ tired all the time.
2
It's getting late. I don't think Sarah will come to see us now.
I'd be surprised if Sarah __________ to see us now.
3
I'm sorry I disturbed you. I didn't know you were busy.
If __________ you were busy, I __________ you.
4
I don't want them to be upset, so I've decided not to tell them what happened.
__________ upset if I __________ them what happened.
5
The dog attacked you, but only because you frightened it.
If you __________ the dog, it __________ you.
6
Unfortunately I didn't have an umbrella and so I got very wet in the rain.
I __________ so wet if __________ an umbrella.
7
Martin failed his driving test. He was very nervous and that's why he failed.
If he __________ so nervous, he __________ the test.
21
Use your own ideas to complete the sentences.

1
I'd go out tonight if _____________________________________
I'd have gone out last night if _____________________________________
If you hadn't reminded me, _____________________________________
If I had my camera, _____________________________________
If you give me the camera, _____________________________________
2
3
4
5
6
Who would you phone if _____________________________________?
We wouldn't have been late if _____________________________________
If I'd been able to get a ticket, _____________________________________
If I'd done better at the interview, _____________________________________
You wouldn't be hungry now if _____________________________________
7
8
9
10
11
Cities would be nicer places if _____________________________________
If there was no TV, _____________________________________
12







ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments