Friday 27 March 2020

45. Choose the word 2 TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 4
45. Choose the word 2

Choose the best word to complete each sentence.

1
Only three people ___survived ____ the plane crash. Everyone else was killed.
A
lived
B
recovered
C
relieved
D
survived
2
She told us about an interesting __________ which she is planning – across Europe by train and bicycle.
A
voyage
B
travel
C
crossing
D
journey
3
‘Excuse me, Mr Hadid. There’s a/an __________ message from your daughter.’
A
vital
B
hasty
C
urgent
D
essential
4
Is it possible to __________ now for next term’s evening classes?
A
enlist
B
join in
C
inscribe
D
enrol
5
__________ he is nearly seventy-five, he can still beat me at tennis.
A
In spite of
B
Since
C
Although
D
Despite
6
These oranges are nice and sweet, but they’ve got so many __________.
A
pips
B
stones
C
seeds
D
peel
7
It used to cost £25 a year to __________ to this website, but now they’ve made it free.
A
join
B
subscribe
C
support
D
pay
8
If you buy a camera in Singapore and take it back to England, you have to pay __________ on it.
A
cash
B
expenses
C
duty
D
fines
9
The meeting will begin at 10.30 __________. Not 10.34 – do you understand?
A
exact
B
on time
C
immediately
D
sharp
10
When I was 16, my parents wouldn’t __________ me stay out later than 9 o’clock.
A
permit
B
allow
C
want
D
let
11
My father died, and with six younger brothers and sisters I had no __________ but to leave school and get a job.
A
possibility
B
choice
C
hope
D
chance
12
When I get rich, I’m going to have a swimming-pool in the __________ of an electric guitar.
A
form
B
design
C
figure
D
shape

Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments