Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (10) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

EXERCISE 11. Review: phrasal verbs.

Directions: Complete the sentences with pronouns and particles. Work in pairs, in groups, or as a class.

Example:

SPEAKER A (book open): I wanted to be sure to remember (Anna)’s phone number, so I wrote ………..

SPEAKER B (book closed): ……….. it down.

1

I can't hear the tape. Could you please turn …………?

2

I dropped my book. Could you please pick …………?

3

This is a hard problem. I can't figure …………

4

I bought these shoes a few days ago. Before I bought them, I tried …………

5

Where's your homework? Did you hand …………?

6

(………….) asked (………….) to go to a movie with him. He asked …………

7

We postponed the picnic. We put …………

8

I didn't know the meaning of a word, so I looked …………

9

We don't need that light. Would you please turn …………?

10

My coat was too warm to wear inside, so I took …………

(Switch roles if working in pairs.)

11

That music is too loud. Could you please turn …………?

12

These papers are for the class. Could you please hand …………?

13

(…………) was going to have a party, but s/he canceled it. S/he called …………

14

My coat is in the closet. I hung …………

15

The story I told wasn't true. I made …………

16

I was cold. So I reached for my sweater and put …………

17

(…………) fell asleep in class, so I woke …………

18

I was finished with the tools, so I put …………

19

I don't need these papers, so I'm going to throw …………

20

Let's listen to the radio. Would you please turn …………?

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments