Monday 26 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (17) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

14-8 QUOTED SPEECH


 

EXERCISE 23. Quoted speech.

Directions: Write sentences in which you quote the speaker's exact words. Use said or asked. Punctuate carefully.

 

1

ANN: My sister is a student.

Ann said, “My sister is a student.” OR “My sister is a student,” Ann said.

2

ANN: Is your brother a student?

3

RITA: We're hungry.

4

RITA: We're hungry. Are you hungry too?***


5

RITA: We're hungry. Are you hungry too? Let's eat.

6

.JOHN E. KENNEDY: Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.

7

THE FOX: I'm going to eat you.*

THE RABBIT: you have to catch me first!


ANSWER KEY



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments