Friday 23 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (14) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

EXERCISE 15. Preposition+ gerund.

Directions: Using the verbs in parentheses, complete the sentences with prepositions and gerunds.

1

I believe ____ in ____ (tell) _____ telling _____ the truth no matter what.

2

I wish the weather would get better. I'm tired _____ of _____ (be) ____ being ____ inside all the time.

3

I don't go swimming because I'm afraid _____________ (drown) _____________.

4

Greg is nervous _____________ (meet) _____________ his girlfriend's parents for the first time.

5

I don't know how to thank you _____________ (help) _____________ me.

6

Are you interested _____________ (go) _____________ to a bullfight?

7

I just can't get excited _____________ (visit) _____________ Disneyland for the third time in two years.

8

Why do you constantly worry _____________ (please) _____________ your parents?

9

Every summer, I look forward _____________ (take) _____________ a vacation with my family.

10

Do you feel _____________ (tell) _____________ me why you're so sad?

11

I apologize _____________ (lie) _____________,but I was trying to protect you from the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts.

12

Why do you always insist _____________ (pay) _____________ for everything when we go out for dinner?

13

I want you to know that I'm sorry. I don't know if you can ever forgive me _____________ (cause) _____________ you so much trouble.

14

I'm not very good _____________ (remember) _____________ names.

15

I'm not happy in my work. I often dream _____________ (quit) _____________ my job.

16

How do you stop someone _____________ (do) _____________ something you know is wrong?

17

I'm too tired to cook, but I hadn't planned _____________ (eat) _____________ out tonight

18

Who's responsible _____________ (spill) _____________ these coffee beans all over the floor?

19

Anna made a lot of big mistakes at work. That's why she was afraid _____________ (lose)* _____________ her job.


ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments