Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (17) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

EXERCISE 18. Using WITH.

Directions: Complete the sentences using with and appropriate words from the list.

a broom

a needle and thread

a saw

a spoon

a hammer

a pair of scissors

a shovel

a thermometer

 

1

I swept the floor _____________ with a broom ______________.

2

I sewed a button on my shirt ___________________________.

3

I cut the wood ___________________________.

4

I took my temperature ___________________________.

5

I stirred my coffee ___________________________.

6

I dug a hole in the ground ___________________________.

7

I nailed two pieces of wood together ___________________________.

8

I cut the paper ___________________________.

 

EXERCISE 19. Using BY or WITH.

Directions: Complete the sentences with by or with.

1

I opened the door ____ with ____ a key.

2

I went to Cherryville _____ by _____ bus

3

I dried the dishes __________________ a dishtowel.

4

I went from Portland to San Francisco __________________ train.

5

Ted drew a straight line __________________ a ruler.

6

Is there any way you could touch the ceiling __________________ your foot

7

Some advertisers try to reach target audiences __________________ mail

8

Rebecca tightened the screw in the corner of her __________________ eyeglasses her fingernail.

9

I called Bill "Paul" __________________ mistake.

10

The fastest way to send a copy of a piece of paper halfway around the world is __________________ fax.

11

The chef sliced the partially frozen meat into thin strips __________________ a razor-sharp knife.

12

Some people pay their bills __________________ computer.

13

Sally protected her eyes from the sun __________________ her hand.

14

My grandmother makes tablecloths __________________ hand.

ANSWER KEY

EXERCISE 18


EXERCISE 19


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments