Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (28) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

13-10 USING INFINITIVES WITH TOO AND ENOUGH


 

EXERCISE 32. TOO and ENOUGH+ infinitive.

Directions: Combine the sentences.

PART I. Use too.

1

We can't go swimming today. It's very cold.

It's cold (for us) to go swimming today.

2

I couldn't finish my homework last night. I was very sleepy.

3

This jacket is very small. I can't wear it.

4

Mike couldn't go to his aunt's housewarming party. He was very busy.

5

I live far from school. I can't walk there.

6

Some movies are very violent. Children shouldn't watch them.

PART 11. Use enough.

7

I can't reach the top shelf. I'm not that tall.

I'm not tall enough to reach the top shelf.

8

1 can't lift a horse. I'm not that strong.

9

It's not warm today. We can't go outside in shorts and sandals.

10

1 didn't stay home and miss work. I wasn't really sick, but I didn't feel good all day.

 

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments