Sunday 25 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (26) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

EXERCISE 30. Expressing purpose with TO and FOR.

Directions: Complete the sentences by using to or for.

1

I went to Chicago ____ for ____ a visit.

2

I went to Chicago ____ to ____ visit my aunt and uncle.

3

I take long walks ______________ relax.

4

I take long walks ______________ relaxation.

5

I'm going to school ______________ a good education.

6

I'm going to school ______________ get a good education.

7

I'm not going to school just ______________ have fun.

8

I'm not going to school just ______________ fun.

9

I turned on the radio ______________ listen to the news.

10

I listened to the radio ______________ news about the earthquake in Peru.

11

I sent a card to Carol ______________ wish her a happy birthday.

12

Two police officers came to my apartment ______________ ask me about my cousin.

13

Mr. Wong works in his garden ______________ the pure pleasure of it.

14

I looked in the encyclopedia ______________ information about Ecuador.

15

My three brothers, two sisters, and parents all came to town ______________ attend my graduation.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments