Friday 23 October 2020

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES (7) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 13. GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 

EXERCISE 8. Gerunds vs. infinitives.

Directions: Complete the sentences with the infinitive or gerund form of the words in parentheses.

1

I need (study) _____ to study _____ tonight.

2

I enjoy (cook) ____ cooking _____ fancy meals.

3

Ellen started (talk) ____ to talk/ talking ____ about her problem.

4

Bud and Sally have decided (get) ____________ married.

5

We finished (eat) ____________ around seven.

6

I like (meet) ____________ new people.

7

My roommate offered (help) ____________ me with my English.

8

I'd just begun (watch) ____________ a movie on TV when the phone rang.

9

Please stop (crack) ____________ your knuckles!

10

Did you remember (feed) ____________ the cat this morning?

11

I won't be late. I promise (be) ____________ on time.

12

I'm considering (move) ____________ to a new apartment.

13

Some children hate (go) ____________ to school.

14

I forgot (lock) ____________ the door when I left my apartment this morning.

15

I don't mind (live) ____________ with four roommates.

16

Shhh. My roommate is trying (take) ____________ a nap.

17

My boss refused (give) ____________ me a raise, so I quit.

18

The company will continue (hire) ____________ new employees as long as new production orders keep (come) ____________ in.

19

That's not what I meant! I meant (say) ____________ just the opposite.

20

I want (go) ____________ (shop) ____________ this afternoon.

21

Alex seems (want) ____________ (go) ____________ (sail) ____________ this weekend.

22

My wife can't stand (sleep) ____________ in a room with all of the windows closed.

23

Sam's tomato crop always failed. Finally he quit (try) ____________ (grow) ____________ tomatoes in his garden.

24

I enjoy (be) ____________ a teacher.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments