Monday 26 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (5) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

GROUP A: PHRASAL VERBS (SEPARABLE)*


EXERCISE 5. Phrasal verbs. (Group A)

Directions: Complete the sentences with the given particles.

 

away

down

in

off

on

out

up

 

 

1

Before I left home this morning, I put ____ on ____ my coat.

2

When I got to class this morning, I took my coat _________.

3

The students handed their homework _________.

4

Johnny made _________ a story. He didn't tell the truth.

5

The weather was bad, so we put _________ the picnic until next week.

6

Alice looked a word _________ in her dictionary.

7

Alice wrote the definition _________.

8

My roommate is messy. He never picks _________ his clothes.

9

The teacher handed the test papers _________ at the beginning of the class period.

10

A strange noise woke _________ the children in the middle of the night.

11

When some friends came to visit, Chris stopped watching TV He turned the television set _________.

12

It was dark when I got home last night, so I turned the lights _________.

13

Peggy finally figured _________ the answer to the arithmetic problem.

14

When I was walking through the airport, my arms got tired. So I put my suitcases _________ for a minute and rested.

15

I threw _________ yesterday's newspaper.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments