Monday 26 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (13) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

14-6 OTHER USES OF THAT-CLAUSES


EXERCISE 17. THAT-clauses.

Directions: Add the word that wherever possible.

1

A: Welcome. We're glad (^ that) you could come.

B: Thank you. I'm happy to be here.

2

A: Thank you so much for your gift.

B: I'm so pleased you like it.

3

A: I wonder why Tom was promoted to general manager instead of Ann.

B: So do I. I'm surprised Ann didn't get the job. I think she is more qualified.

4

A: Are you afraid another nuclear disaster like the one at Chernobyl might occur?

B: Yes. I'm convinced it can happen again.

5

A: Are you aware you have to pass the English test to get into the university?

B: Yes, but I'm not worried about it. I'm certain I'll do well on it.

6

A: I'm disappointed my son quit his job. I realize young people must follow their own paths, but I'm worried my son's path isn't going to lead him to a rewarding career.

B: Don't forget he's grown up now and responsible for himself. I think he'll be fine. You shouldn't worry about him. He knows what he's doing.

7

It is a fact some ancient Egyptian cats wore earrings.

8

Are you aware dinosaurs lived on earth for one hundred and twenty-five rnillion (125,000,000) years? Is it true human beings have lived on earth for only four million  (4,000,000) years? .

9

A: Is it a fact blue whales are the largest creatures on earth?

B: Yes. '1n fact, I believe they are the largest creatures that have ever lived on earth.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments