Tuesday 27 October 2020

APPENDIX 1 PHRASAL VERBS (15) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

APPENDIX 1

PHRASAL VERBS

 

A1-2 PHRASAL VERBS: INTRANSITIVE


 

GROUP F: PHRASAL (VERBS INTRANSITIVE)


EXERCISE 16. Phrasal verbs. (Group F )

Directions: Complete the sentences.

1

A: Are you comfortable?

B: Yes. This is a very comfortable chair.

A: Good. Now just sit ______ back _______ and take it easy. There's nothing to worry about.

2

A: I'm exhausted. I can't go ______________. I have to stop and rest.

B: Let's sit in the shade of that tree. I'll get you some water.

3

A: I don't feel Like cooking tonight. Let's eat ______________.

B: Okay. Where do you want to go?

4

A: Are you going to get dressed ______________ for the symphony tonight?

B: Yes. I think so. You?

5

A: What time do you usually get ______________ in the morning?

B: Around seven.

6

A: Knock, knock. Hello? Is anyone here? Professor Cook?

B: Ah, Miss Sweeney. Hello. Come ______________, come ______________. Here, have a seat. Please sit ______________.

7

A: I couldn't print out my composition.

B: Why not?

A. My printer broke ______________.

8

A: Are you going to bed soon?

B: No. I think 1'11 stay ______________ for a while and read.

9

A: When I saw a pregnant woman on the crowded bus, I stood ______________ and gave her my seat.

B: Good for you. That's very considerate.

10

A: I don't feel like staying home. Let's go ______________ this evening. I'm bored.

B: How about going to a movie?

A: Great! Let's go!

11

A: A riot broke ______________ after the soccer finals.

B: I find it hard to believe that people riot over a sports event.

12

A: Are you all right? What happened?

B: I tripped on the rug and fell ______________.

A: Let me help you up.

13

A: Shall we begin the meeting without Ms. Lane?

B: Yes. She'll probably show ______________ soon, but we can begin without her.

14

A: When are Bill and Gloria getting married?

B: They're not. They broke ______________.

15

A: Don't forget that Grandma is a little hard of hearing.

B: I won't. I'll be sure to speak ______________ when I'm talking to her.

16

There's an empty apartment next to mine. My neighbors moved ______________.Why don't you move ______________? It'd be fun to live next door to each other.

17

A: It's been fun talking to you, but I need to hang ______________now.

B: Okay. Let's talk again tomorrow.

18

I can't solve this math problem. I give ______________.

19

Dan had trouble figuring out what to say in his letter to his girlfriend. He had to start ______________ three times.

20

My flight was supposed to leave at 6:30, but the plane didn't take ______________ until nearly 8:00.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments