Monday 26 October 2020

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES (20) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 14. NOUN CLAUSES

 

14-9 QUOTED SPEECH vs. REPORTED SPEECH


EXERCISE 27. Reported speech: pronoun usage.

Directions: Change the pronouns from the quoted speech to reported speech.

1

Mr. Smith said, "I need help with my luggage."

Mr. Smith said that ____ he ____ needed help with ___ his ____ luggage.

2

Mrs. Peacock said, "I am going to visit my brother."

Mrs. Peacock said that ______ was going to visit ______ brother.

3

Sue and Tom said, "We don't like our new apartment."

Sue and Tom said that ______ didn't like ______ new apartment.

4

Joe said to me, "I will call you."

Joe said ______ would call______.

5

Paul said to me, "I'll meet you at your house after I finish my work at my house."

Paul said that ______ would meet ______ at ______ house after ______ finished ______ work ______ at house.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments